PtC Global Trek Costa Rica:
Service & Culture - Family Trek
Your experience includes
Airfare & Ground Transportation
Lodging @ PtC Youth Center
Regional-style Meals and Healthy Snacks
Each day starts with Survival Spanish and Prep for STEM & Arts field work.
Day 1: Arrive in Costa Rica
Our day starts with travel and prep for our Costa Rica program.
- lunch at a local eatery and Spanish 101
- orientation and safety briefing
- cultural introduction and youth exchange
Day 2: Exploring San Jose
Culture and science blended to provide amazing adventures.
- Guatil Pottery town and cultural center
- the town of Santa Cruz & Lunch
- turtle nesting and protection
- math measures - cooking class
Day 3: Poas & Community Service
Our hands on curriculum brings STEM to life and learning fun.
- genetics and engineering with Earth U.
- engineering methods
- cultural exploration in the town of Liberia
Day 4: Jaco Community Service
Costa Rica runs on 100% renewable energy and we investigate how!
- natures best energy through engineering
- volcano crater hike and natural spa with mud baths
- meet-up and pizza party with youth from the neighborhood
Day 5: Manuel Antonio - Rain Forest Flora & Fauna
Making a difference can mean a world of opportunities.
- Rainforest hike and discovery
- Coco farms and the Science of Chocolate
- Blog, journal and STEM findings report
Day 6: Manuel Antonio - Waterways - Mangroves and Oceans
Spend the day exploring the Pacific Ocean, and ways to protect our waterways.
- offshore excursion with marine biologist
- culture and conservation talks with local school or community center
Day 7: San Jose
Youth to Youth exchange continues with a final day with new family and friends.
- Zip Lining at the Congo Trail
- Have lunch in Playas del Coco
- Dinner with a host family in the Barrio (neighborhood) of San Martin.
Day 8: Depart for home or Panama