CULTURE COLLECTIVE: Panama, Central America
PtC Global Travel Panama 2020 and the Afro - Latino Diaspora "coming soon"!
Until then, here are 5 interesting facts about Panama:
1. Panama contains the only place in the world where you can see the sun rise on the Pacific and set on the Atlantic…from the same spot! At the country’s narrowest point, only 80 kilometers separates the Atlantic from the Pacific Ocean.
2. Panama City, the nation’s capital and largest city, is the only capital city in the world that has a rain forest within its city limits.
3. The total population of Panama is around 3.6 million with 1.5 million of those living in Panama city.
4. The official language of Panama is Spanish, but English is widely spoken. More so in the urban vs. the rural areas.
5. Panama celebrates two independence days, the first from Spain in 1821 and the second from Colombia 82 years later in 1903.